Sonámbulo y La Odisea

Grace and I decided to be wild children and go get my nose pierced and her ear at the San Pedro Mall.  I can't believe I really did it, but it hardly hurt, it never turned red, and I ABSOLUTELY love it !  Then we took a bus from San Pedro to San Jose and got helado rico at Pop's ice cream.  I am OBSESSED with their café ice cream, it is devine.  I'm not gonna lie, I have had their ice cream just about every week since I've been here, starting with Day 2 when we had our city tour and Maggie bought us ice cream.  It is that. Good.





We met everyone at the Teatro Nacional and went to see The Odessey.  It was a puppet play in spanish, but I read some of it in high school (good Lord, how long ago was that ?) and it was comically geared towards a younger audience, so I was able to understand it for the most part.  My favorite line was at the end, when his wive sees him again: "Mi corazón sabe que vos sos vos!"  In Costa Rica they have ANOTHER conjugation for the informal of "you" which is 'vos' instead of 'tu.'  This is not something they teach you about in school.  But how cute ! Vos sos vos ! Hehehe.

Cred: Kevin Brady


That night Macey, Diegz, and I went to the Jazz Café to see the national band Sonámbulo (click for music) perform.  They are a really cool Latin fusion band with members from all over Central America that incorporates all of the cultures into their music.  They call their genre 'Psicotropical.'  My Tico friend from the beach had recommended them to me, so we were pretty pumped to go see them live.  It was an awesome experience, and the place was filled with young hipster ticos.  The music was good and loud and it just filled the room.  Pura Vida.

Sonambulo
Cred: https://www.facebook.com/Sonambulopsicotropicalbanda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Excursion: Manuel Antonio

Pilot

Diacachima, and other Nicaraguan Stories